Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wife bina Life

Reality show "wife bina life" is on air and most of the households glued to watch what Mr of House is caring for their kids when Mrs of home out on vacation. Traditionally, it's like females at home will take care of all the needs/wants of internal matter and males of house will do the outside activity. While in 21st centuary females have gone ahead in professional career, things have not changed much in the mindset. Still, a social taboo if mother is not taking care of kid properly, evenif father is idling for some or other reason. It's understandble in rural and semi-urban to a larger extent, but in tier-1 and tier-2 cities, where things have changed drastically.
To a mere conicidence my wife out on a trip to my hometown and when this news flashed in the community, everybody relate my story with this realty show. Catch is, my wife had gone for 4-5 days and I don't want to bring trouble for my kid by accompanying with her. Due to frequent changes in climate and env, my kiddo is not coping and falling sick for months together. While thats the crux of this arrangement, most of my community friends astonished how I will take care of responsbilities of both MoM & DaD.. It's a single parent responsibility.
I am sure, while reading this it will give goosebumps to you. But that's true. I am taking care of my kid. Getting up morning, prepare breakfast for him, and pack his tiffin. Get my son up, brush him and feed him breakfast (it's a challenge for my kid as he is averse to food), put up his uniform, shoes, ready his backpack and drop him in the school bus stop. Rush for my routine readiness and grab a quick bite of breakfast and run to office. Switching from a MoM activity to professional, at 1 PM, rushing back to home so that can pick up my kiddo from school closing time. Get him from drop, bath him, apply moist (atopic skin allergies), sleeve up to do the cooking. Demand comes from kiddo, today he only want curd rice. Oops, rush to neighbourhood kirana store to buy curd, and by the time rice/dal and curry done. At 2:30 PM, sit for him to feed which lasts for an hr. At 3:30 PM, I have my meal ;=(
At 4 PM, I ask my son to go for play, and then I login to office at 4 PM, work till 6 PM. 2 hrs of office work is gap and need to fill the same later in the evening. 6 PM, snacks time, order comes frech fries, sweet corn, pop corn, and so many. Standing to those and obliging them gracefully, quickly readying the snacks. Again, another 30 odd mins for making him feed the same. Watch TV, painting or writing up / scribbling on his notes. At 8:30 PM, my kid wants paratha or roti. Prepare the same and sit for dinner at 9 PM. It again goes for an hr. At 10 PM, you are exhausted for the day, and try to make him sleep post brush. If he has a good playhrs in the evening, he will sleep within 30 mins, otherwise stand up to an 1hr. Quite frustrating at times, when you protect like this always. What to do, with single child concept, it's too much caring.
I finish my food and get ready for work at 11 PM, by 12 Midnight no concentration and close the work and go for sleep to get at 6 AM morning tomorrow to revist the same schedule with different menu items.
I can understand for females who takes care of primary responsibility of MOM and don't own any other responsibility. But, when you compare with working moms' without domestic help, it's a nightmare. I am sure, I can't do this activity for not max 1 week, my boss will put all his ire on me due to irregular in delivering work, re-scheduling meetings/appointments, travelling postponements. It's not possible. On the second thought, possibly in earlier days Moms used to have more than one child and that allowed them to engage within a home children circle, and get time to close up activities. But, with protected, nucleus family, not allowing too much physical activity to the kids, we are really spoiling. Wether you are with wife/ or bina wife. It doesn't matter, as long as you are not taking the right steps to get physical immunity to your child at this stage. That's what I am scared about and the episode surfaced due to this. i am scared of my kid's immunity and hence not allowed to travel to hometown and in-turn personally invite "Wife bina Life". Kaas I would have informed Star Plus to induct me, at-least I could have raised some mullah out of it....

No comments: