Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bye Bye 2011 Calendar Year...

Nothing like an honour to offer a calendar year just passing by, everyone has their own plans. Me too.. But, it's depends on my friends and companions. Thought, why not make a day trip on the last day of Year 2011. Decided finally to go to Manchinabele Dam en-route Big Banyan Tree. Till a day before or till the late eve or rather say, till 9 AM, we were undecided when to start and where to land. But principally agreed to go somewhere. It's not a bachelor trip, family follows and without proper planning you land in disastrous problem area. Anyway the journey started like this:
My Apt friend said, let's pool into same car and start-by 10 AM, it's late for a day-trip, but his quarterly target meet tensions were not eased and he was boozing everyday to keep aside his tensions and anxious of getting PO's. Hence, he made up his mind by 9 AM and start-by 10 AM. Earlier, I have promised to my best friend to go for a day trip on last week of calendar year and till a day before the venue wasn't decided, but somehow I got inputs for Manchinabele Dam for family picnic. And, he as well made to ready by 10 AM. Now, there is not much to eat out there, and we need to back-pack something from home itself. Quickly distributed who can bring what within shortest time. The way I had a friend from my Apt, my friend as well pulled his Apt friend for this trip. So, total 4 families. Now the fun part... When we started driving, the usual morphy's law applied. Car tyres having low pressure, friends car not fuelled for long drive. Need to address these problems before getting into express way. With these hiatus, cars and families are following each other by 30 odd mins. Myself and my Apt friend landed at Big Banyan tree, though my friend had been to there, It was first time for me and my family. Quite amazing to see the roots of five century old tree; took quite a lot photos and waited for my friend and his friend to join us. With follow-up calls, we all met at the same place and had a round of greetings and photo session. Everyone is concerned about their Facebook update as and what they did on the eve of new year.
Next move to Manchinabele Dam, pulled the cars on road to drive straight down to the hill towards Dam. As our Car moved ahead, saw my friend is not following rather slowed down, called up to find out that  his car got a flat tyre. With a promise that, he will change the Stepney without anybody's help, we have gone ahead to Dam and wait there. It's almost 2:30 PM in the afternoon, stomach is burning and rats are making a great play. Waited for another 30 mins, no show of my friend, later found that he has given his tyre back in garage and driving towards the Dam area. Saw the kids as well looking helplessly for food; In an open field, we were stranding, hardly any people around,few cars are going down the dam area and few are returning. My wife had fried lots of Papad's, those of size like Tandoor Roti; we pulled out those papads and started having them in huge chunks. Kids are playing in that barren land, and frequently a begger (don't know how that old lady is begging in that isolated place). Finally my friends have reached that place and we drove towards the river bank. Aaah !!! Cops are around. Seems that New year Eve Juveniles will make MASTI with booze, and hence they banned people from entering the danger area. How the hell we can return after such a long drive and all the events taken place. It's going to be 4 PM, without giving a damn hearing to Cop, we started putting our carpet for serving food. Everyone was feeling hungry, and when all the food items were opened, folks have jumped. I was watching Chicken Drumsticks, My friend got it prepared at home from his chef, they looked yummy, but that day was a vegan day and I need to refrain from my urge to eat. What a day.... Cops, Dogs and Watchman keep making turns for something or other. Eventually, we finished, even the Kids as well finished their food at the same time of elders. What an amazing appetite people had and so nicely everyone completed their food. Play time...
My friend got all the stuff cricket, badminton, football and so on so forth.. But the time is ticking, it's almost 5:20 PM and Cop is reminding us to leave the place. Still, we managed to play 5 odd minutes cricket till we hit the ball to water several times to get a whip from cops. Said and done, we wrapped by 5:30 PM and started our return journey. Back to Banyan tree, my friend got his flat tyre repaired by then and we are tired and straight headed to home on our own car. Even couldn't sit for a white to chat across and didn't spend quality time together to bye - bye 2011. Don't know whether I am getting signals of a rush time ahead and my fate clock tickling to get myself aligned to dynamics of business and travel that involves.
Do I need to be get myself prepared within a half-day or few hours before going on road to an unknown place.Is my fate taking me to such preparedness; Is my 2012 going to be like that, as I look back in 2011 I did such last minute trips, but it wasn't such a rush hour. But, moving to 2012, i didn't realize my business plans are going to such hiatus or smooth, whether it's a family day-trip or professional business trip. life going to be challenging. Let's see how things roll on the road, air and track. Hope the fiscal brings happiness and my order booking see some hope in the dark cloud. Oh Yes,,, it's started raining on the way back of day trip, and my six sense was telling, I will have something good. And yes, in Feb'12 I managed to book my yearly order to meet my target. Awesome !!! When I was getting restless and frustrated, there is a sign of hope and a new era of making it happen again. Let's see how the next fiscal go, and I trust next year eve would bring some other eventful drama ;=) Till then Khallas...

No comments: