Friday, December 26, 2014

Known Traps

When I was a kid, I was too curious to know about things... like what's inside the switch that makes lights glow, get the TV ON and fans to rotate. Whenever I used to go near to switch, my elders used to warn from touching the live wires and/or inserting finger inside the socket. Possibly they knew from their experiences and/or fear of getting electric shock. But, my growing age, inclination to experience by touch to feel and learn from them, made me to touch once earthing line; poked my finger in the socket. Both these incidents gave good JHATKA / live threatening experience. Earthing gave me second life, god bless I escaped working against the electro-magnetism. But, the shutter shock of socket wasn't that intense as previous to wade out my experience.

In both the cases, I got myself dragged to experience the reality. Or was it a known trap that my interanity drove. Carrying my early days of experiences, I still feel nothing has changed now...while I am steeping to 4 decade of life.

Be at customer place, back office, family, acquaintances, companions knowingly we accept many things that would lead into problems. Is it the fear of losing, or instilling confidence or sheer passion to take everything in your stride. Experts say, humans are resistance to change and want to remain in status quo. Unless, you show them the dark side of remaining in status quo, nobody see the contrast of gaining if they move from current state of affairs. Possibly, I bought health insurance, life insurance, and funds just to keep myself or someone close in family to secure me/their future life. I know, the propensity of such events from their occurrence is very unlikely. Knowing someone convincing lawfully, but I am accepting fearfully and confident of getting trapped. Signing hundred pages of document after giving up reading first 3-4 pages, as the patience level has gone down drastically.

Is it fair to conclude impatient leads to traps, as in my childhood I was impatient to feel by touching, as I grow I am impatient to invest time on things to evaluate in all aspects, and hence always land with intuitions. While you struggle with your own traps in life, our ecosystem makes external traps highly significant. Phishing traps, anonymous click streams, text messages, USSD supplementary services, Advt, promotions, visiting card drops, address and/or contact acquisition at outlets, everywhere opportunity exists for visible traps. Ignore the data traps you are exposed to over exposure of social feeds. The digitization wave will create more traps in our life. Hope in next year I won't get myself into too many traps, while globally most of profitable organizations will create new traps to net customers ;-)

1 comment:

amar said...

This is really mind freshing and especialy that jhatka wala part is really learnful and also a type of joy for us.